JAGUAR lubricant oil is specially blended for Moyair (PTY) LTD by HABOT Lubricants.
An introduction to HABOT Synthetic Lubricants.
Conventional lubricants are mineral oil based. This means that the base fluid or carrier of these lubricants is derived form crude oil. To this base fluid a number of chemical compounds (additives) are added, to give a final product which is suitable for a specific task.
What are synthetic lubricants?
A synthetic lubricating oil is formulated from base fluid, which is chemically engineered, for example, from weak organic acids and long chain alcohol’s. This process produces a base fluid, which is tailored to the lubrication function. The additive packages are once again added to this synthetic base fluid, to form the end products for specific applications.
Only synthetic lubricants can meet the critical application demands of jet engines, spacecraft, nuclear submarines and polar (sub zero temperature) operation.
Why choose synthetic lubricants?
Whether you are experiencing severe reliability problems in your factory or you are interested in extending the life and reliability of your car or motorboat, the answer lies in synthetic lubricants.
Practical benefits and features of Synthetic Lubricant Oil:
- Resistance to high temperature – Mineral Oils contain certain molecular weaknesses and impurities. Synthetic oils have a precise molecular structure enabling them to withstand temperatures exceeding 200 degrees centigrade. As opposed to approximately 100 degrees centigrade, for mineral oil. This resistance to high temperatures results in highly oxidation resistant and thermally stable oil.
- Viscosity stable – This is one of the greatest attributes of synthetic lubricants. A naturally high viscosity index (V.I.) means that the viscosity of the fluid changes less with changes in temperatures (down to -57 deg C) and does not thin readily with increases in temperature.
- Extended oil life – Due to the inherent stability of the synthetic molecule structure and its ability to withstand heat and oxidation, synthetic oil last considerably longer than mineral based oils. At 100 deg C, the life of a synthetic oil exceeds 20 000 hours, where the mineral oil can only last 1000 to 3000 hours.
- Reduced wear – Tests have shown that synthetic oil has significantly higher film strength than conventional oil. It thus has the ability to withstand heavy loading, high speeds and prevent metal to metal contact, which consequently reduces wear. Synthetic oils additionally have a significantly lower coefficient of friction, which further reduces wear rates.
- Eliminates carbon, varnish and sludge – Owing to its superior thermal and oxidative stability, synthetic oil eliminates the build-up of carbon, varnish and sludge. Not only does this offer safer operating environments, especially in compressors, but is also reduces wear and drag in machines.
- Reduces downtime – The use of synthetic lubricants can reduce machine downtime significantly; * Oil drain intervals can be drastically increased. *Machine components and units last longer, due to reduced wear, therefore reducing service and repair time. * No deposits of carbon, varnish and sludge to remove.
- Biodegradability- Certain synthetic lubricants are up to 100% biodegradable compared to 30% of mineral oils, thereby having less of a negative impact on the environment.Cost effective – Although synthetic lubricants carry a higher price tag than mineral oils, the benefits and features mentioned above, more than tip the cost scale in favor of synthetic lubricants, making them extremely cost effective.
- Compatibility – All Habot lubricants are 100% compatible with mineral oils